Friday 18 November 2011

Our present difficulties

How subtle should a Christmas present hint be? From time to time we've talked about the sort of hairbrush I need. And I mean NEED.
Classic, made of wood, not too big, not too small. You know the thing otherwise you wouldn't be here.
But my mostly-vanilla Significant Other doesn't seem to get the message. A tacky plastic supermarket hairbrush may do the job but it spoils the moment if you're obsessed with period detail.
Yes, I could buy my own I know. But that would miss the point - it's the thought that counts, isn't it? Just the right brush all wrapped up in Christmas paper with a little bow on it would be the best present ever.
Another hint will have to be pinged in SO's direction and I think I've just found the perfect thing. In all the Love our Lurkers excitement I missed Dioneo's great post 25 Reasons Why Spankos are So Awesome over at Ecco Spanko. It's wry, witty and made me laugh.
As a sometime kayaker I like number 13, 'If one of us is up a creek, there's probably a paddle around.' From experience I'd recommend taking a spare paddle just in case, but I digress. Dioneo's reason  number 2 is the one I'm hoping SO will pick up on: 'We're the reason antique shops sell hairbrushes.'


3 comments:

  1. Hi Underling, thanks for dropping by. I know all about slippers and it is a peculiarly British thing, isn't it. Which is a shame, the rosy redness that comes with a good slipper spanking is hard to match.
    I very much get what you're saying about the thrill that comes from having seeminly innocent objects around and knowing that they have another 'life'.
    F/M pics, why not? Tear down the barriers and celebrate the entire spanko universe. What I want is beauty and its there in your art. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, be it a girl or a boy, a spanking rendered with deftness and insight fires the very soul of a sophisticated spanko. Underling gets it.

      Delete
  2. One of the best drawings out there.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete