Sunday 14 October 2012

So not funny

She shifted a little off the sharp edge of the chair back, lifting her bare bottom even higher and and clenching her fists on chair's back struts. In the silence she heard the rush of her heart and, then, the whoosh of the paddle as he took a practice swing or two.
It had been rude and cruel to laugh, but at the time she'd thought it ever so funny. The way he wobbled along so gingerly, wincing at each movement like an old man twice his age. Now she could see how wrong giggling had been and waited for her punishment knowing that she deserved it.
Or it would be something like that, because SO is still incapacitated and the doctor seems concerned there might be some disc damage. Which makes me feel very guilty for making jokes about the situation when it happened.
I'm feeling guilty and very spanky, which is a dangerous combination. And, of course, SO is off work on doctor's orders and we're around one another in the house all day.
Usually that would be an opportunity to play (with the kids at school), but SO is feeling a long way from playful. So, I have scenarios running through my head that are never going to get from script stage to 'production' and I'm feeling very confused by it all.
It's not a good place to be, but I have to say that The Gods do have a sense of humour. They certainly seem to like getting me tied up in knots.


2 comments:

  1. Aw. I'm sorry, OFG. I hope SO gets better and you can have fun again. And don't feel guilty - humour at times of stress is important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there and go slow but keep your beautiful mind working!
    Always
    Ron

    ReplyDelete