Sunday 2 September 2012

Good book


The thing about technology is that it changes us in unexpected ways. I wasn't entirely convinced about the whole ebook thing at first because I love the look and the feel of a real printed book. I keep the ones I love the best and find it really hard to part with them.
But then I got a Kindle and found that it does have its advantages. Wherever I go I can take a couple of dozen books with me, not just one. 
And, of course, I can sit on a train reading a perfectly shocking book and nobody around me needs to know... You can judge a book by its cover, which is why a naughty ebook is such a great travelling companion. 

4 comments:

  1. A Leone Frollo's drawing.
    There's no colours with Kindle.
    Olivier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know, I had never thought of that aspect - being able to read something saucy without showing off the saucy cover. But then I am a ditz.

    Olivier: I think there might be a version that has colour. The Kindle Fire, maybe? I could be wrong, though. I usually am :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reckon half the Kindles on the 8.04 from Surbiton are probably in smut mode - and good for them!
    I have a version 1 black and white Kindle, so pictures don't work for me, but SO is a gadgetophile and had to have an iPad. That has Kindle software and shows the picture in glorious technicolor.
    Mind you, for me I've alsway found the erotic fiction better without pictures. The images that you conjure up in your head are streets ahead of what can be done with models and a camera.

    ReplyDelete