Monday 5 March 2012

Making a spectacle

I wear glasses. Do they make me look brainy? Do I look a bit dim without them?  I'm not sure.  Sarah Palin clearly thinks that people take you more seriously if you wear specs.
I have different pairs to suit different circumstances and contacts for when I want to go naked (as it were). But no matter which frame shape I'm wearing I'm aware of being typecast. 
Glasses = authority figure. Or so it seems.
And, of course, if I let my glasses slip down my nose a little and look over the frame I instantly become the authority figure. Strict, no nonsense, possibly a bit of a disciplinarian.
I'm a sucker for it when it's done to me (the over-the-frame look makes me go weak at the knees). But it's also a neat trick to be able to do - and one that isn't available to you bare-faced folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment