Thursday 8 March 2012

Sorting out granny?

Or even, sorting out society's ills? Then spank grandma. Well, it's an interesting proposition and it made me laugh. A great post over at Hermoine's Heart gave me a giggle this morning, and has been food for thought as I've been working.
Do take a look yourself, but the gist of it is that she found a novelty notice when shopping that said: There would be fewer spoiled children if you could spank the grandparents.
I'm not there yet (grandparenthood), but I'm old enough. I have friends who are, glamorous grannies who might benefit from a visit to Lapland.
Maybe some already visit for all I know. It's a fact that on the whole they are much more permissive about how they deal with their grandchildren than they were with their children.
My own mother has taken a similar tack over the years to the point of being a subversive element. When we've said no to something she's taken the first opportunity to bend or break that rule. What particulary bugs me about it is that she was so strict with her own kids.
Anyway, I think I'm getting a bit too serious and ranty so I'll wind it up here. More work, and more time enjoying the thought of my granny friends getting the attitude adjustment that they deserve...  


No comments:

Post a Comment