Sunday 5 February 2012

Birthday list

Is it too early to start a birthday list? The big day is in May, but if you want to drop a hint that Significant Other will actually catch you do have to get up early in the morning.
It occured to me that the carpet beater (in Dutch, mattenklopper - what a great word - or in German, teppichklopfer) that I was thinking yesterday would look really good in gift paper. Maybe a bow too.
Not a gift to open in front of the kids, of course. But it could live in the garage and come out when there were rugs (or a bottom) to be attended too.
Mind you, I never got the nice wooden hairbrush I was hoping for for Christmas, so I wouldn't put money on SO going mattenklopper shopping any time between now and May. Shame though, buying your own spanking implements doesn't seem quite right.

1 comment: