Friday 20 January 2012

When did it happen?

Was there a point in time that divided your life into two parts, spanko and pre-spanko? It's a question I've asked myself, but can't answer. It was so long ago for me that it's now more archaeology than history.
I really enjoyed reading Pandora Blake's beginner's guide post at Spanked, not silenced. Very nicely written. But the thing that most struck a chord with me was her opening paragraph. She says: "I was eight when I finally summoned up the courage to confide in my best friend. We’d shared all our secrets except one thing, and it felt like it had haunted me forever. Once I’d decided to do it, my heart wouldn’t stop pounding. I leaned over the lunch table and whispered, 'I want to be spanked.'"
At eight IT had been haunting her forever too. If I try to probe earliest memories I can remember pre-school games and made-up stories that involved elements of crime and punishment (I was the naughty one that had to be smacked).
One memory makes me quiver with embarrassment even now. I drew bright red, well-spanked bottoms on my sister's Barbie dolls with an indelible felt pen. She was horrified, my poor parents were mystified.
So, in the spirit of discovery I've added the poll on the right. When did you switch on to your inner spanko? Please add a vote or, better still, add a comment here.

2 comments:

  1. Kallisto switched on her inner spanko about 4 years ago. I'm not sure what brought it about, but we haven't looked back since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it there laying dormant for years, I wonder? I can't imagine what it would be like not to have spankoness - bit like trying to imagine not breathing.

    ReplyDelete